Monday, February 22, 2010

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22

Mark 10:15  “Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will never enter it.”  

Ever wonder why so many people keep having babies?  Certainly no practical person would ever want one.  They really don't do much for you – especially at first.  They demand a lot of your time and attention.  They keep you from sleeping.  They cost money.  They grow up and argue with you.  And you worry about them for the rest of your life.

I'm sure there are a lot of reasons why people continue to have, enjoy, and love them.  I think that they help to remind us of, and add to, this miracle we are living.  How could God create anything so perfect and wonderful (I was like that once)?  How can they sleep so peacefully (we slow down and appreciate anew the world around us)?  Who could ever have accomplished this magnificent creation (I could never have even imagined it)?  How can I love this child so?  Can it really be that God loves me like this?

Verse 16 continues, “And he took them up in his arms, laid his hands on them, and blessed them.”  Is this what happens when we receive the Kingdom?

Prayer:  Heavenly Father, help us to be like little children.  Trusting.  Seeking.  Calm.  Full of wonder.    Waiting.  Humble.  Eager to receive the Kingdom.  Amen.

Carl Fischer

No comments: