Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 27



Jesus said to them, (the Apostles), “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.” (Mark 16:15)

First Presbyterian’s Vision Statement truly speaks and touches my heart. It is very easy for me to humbly “show off” our church and members to guests that come and visit and want to know more about the beliefs of our congregation.
Allowing ALL that believe in Jesus Christ to participate in communion, having ALL ages of ushers, including families and youth to lead in worship is something FPC almost takes for granted – I know that I have come to expect ALL to be a part of the life of FPC.
Are our children and youth too young to participate? Few people succeed in school work, professions and leadership positions without practice. My mother always told me while I practiced the piano that “practice makes perfect.” I’ve not used this line with my children because it truly grates me – but my mother was right – by practicing, making mistakes and learning from them, you become comfortable and polished in a skill.
I’m proud to be a part of a church that openly welcomes our youth to practice their mission, inclusion, and community skills in a loving and supportive environment. Remember that Timothy became a spiritual leader in his early 30’s and that we at FPC are giving our youth an early start to be bold and confident spiritual leaders either in our FPC community but also then to spread and share these gifts to outside our FPC community.
They will understand Jesus’ teachings of mission and inclusion and impact the world and preach his good news to all!

Lord Jesus Christ, you are alive in ALL that believe in you. Help show us your presence in those who differ most from us, until our knowledge of your love is made perfect in our love for ALL your children. Amen.

Kim McGlynn

No comments: