Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday, March 7 – World Day of Prayer

 If you would change the world first change yourself
Socrates
Let your minds be remade and your whole nature thus transformed. Then you will be able to discern the will of God, and to know what. is good, acceptable, and perfect.
Romans 12:2

Peace Can Begin With You And With Me

Let your mind, O Lord, be an example for mine.
Help me to capture my each flash-Iighting thought.
And if it be foreign to Thy pure mind,
Then transplant another to renew right spirit in mind.
If I think bitter of friend, foe, or stranger,
Transplant with forgiveness again and again.
If f fear Man's wicked way, transplant in my mind
Your sacred thought trust – to believe in Thy ways.
If I think selfishly, transplant in my mind
Your unselfish way – to think of another and pray.
If I am proud of achievements I have made,
Let me be humble and give thanks in Thy name.
If I am discouraged with life as it is lived,
Help me to remember, all things work together
for him who believes.
And this above all, let me pray for great faith.
Fill my mind with Your love and my heart full of grace.

Written for World Day of Prayer, March 1969
First Published in The Church Women, 1971

Florence Purvis (1990)

Church Women United World Day of Prayer Celebration, 10:00 am at the First United Methodist Church, 6363 Livernois Rd, Troy, MI. The program is written by the women of Egypt.  All are welcome. No reservations are needed.

No comments: