Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Wednesday, March 9

so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually we are members one of another.
Romans 12:5
Last fall I had the privilege of spending time with the Fujii’s, who are PCUSA missionaries in the Philippines. They expressed great interest in AAIM (All Abilities Inclusion Ministry) and so I was, needless to say, thrilled to talk with them about it! Carol and Leith stated that they had not seen such a ministry in all of their visits to other churches.
But what really touched my heart was Carol’s feedback after attending our Rejoicing Spirits service. She loved the engagement and involvement of all present, but was concerned that she was not able to “pick out all those with disabilities.” After reflecting on this, she told me that she came to realize that she was missing the point. She shared, “God spoke to me. It doesn’t matter, Carol. What matters is that all of you are here. And I understood.”
Including God, May we continue to celebrate the gifts and contributions of all parts of your glorious body. Amen



Joanne Blair

No comments: