Tuesday, March 11, 2008

LENTEN DEVOTION FOR TUESDAY, MARCH 11

I sought the Lord and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)

God loves me. We say it so carelessly off the tip of our tongues, but God loves me. No matter what my circumstances, no matter how many my sins, no matter how great my short comings, God loves me.

I was reading Max Lucado's Everyday Blessings the other day as I sat and waited for a call about my sister. She was having back surgery and the surgery was five and one-half hours long. I was in prayer often during that time, and I prayed the prayer I often pray during times like this: "Please God, hold her in the palm of your hand."

As I read and prayed I contemplated the significance of God's love for me. Just imagine in the grand scheme of things, God has time to hear my small prayer.

My mind wandered as it often does when I pray, and I began to think about gratitude, forgiveness, and my mind centered upon the cross and I thought, "Jesus went to the cross bearing not his sins but my sins. I am his child. He is my Father.

How magnificent, God loves me!

Our heavenly Father, thank you for loving me just as I am. Amen.

Nancy Kingston

No comments: