Friday, March 27, 2009

[LENTEN DEVOTIONAL] Friday, March 27

FRIDAY,  MARCH 27
 

Matthew 21:21-22 
Jesus answered, "I assure you that if you believe and do not doubt, you will be able to do what I have done to this fig tree.  And not only this, but you will even be able to say to this hill, 'Get up and throw yourself in the sea,' and it will.  If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
 

Believe

When I came across this scripture, I knew I needed to share my experience, because when I reflect on what happened I still am amazed by God's answer to my prayer. On April 29th, 2008, I sat by my Mom's bedside as she lay close to death.

I was praying to God that my Mom would know that she was going to heaven.  My Mom, who was a wonderful person, was unsure and afraid she would not go to heaven because she had doubts and had not frequented church for awhile.  I tried to assure her and stopped every minister, priest and yes even a rabbi to come in to calm her fears.

As I sat there watching her, an iridescent smoke came out of her mouth and swirled towards the ceiling then suddenly dissipated. No one else in the room had seen this miracle. Both my Mom and I had our prayers answered in a beautiful private moment with God. I was given the gift of watching her travel heaven bound.  Anything is possible if you believe.
 

Prayer: [Psalm 86:6-7] “Listen Lord to my prayer; hear my cries for help. I call to you in times of trouble because you answer my prayers.”  I believe  [Psalm 121:2-3,8]  “My help will come from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.  He will not let you fall; your protector is always awake. He will protect you as you come and go now and forever.”  Amen.

Heidi Wilkinson



-----------------------------------------------------
You can unsubscribe from this list, or change preferences by clicking this link.

powered by phplist v 2.10.8, © tincan ltd

No comments: