Friday, March 19, 2010

FRIDAY, MARCH 19

John 5:30  And Jesus said, “I can do nothing on my own initiative.  As I hear, I judge; and my judgment is just, because I do not seek my own will, but the will of the one who sent me.”

Such a challenge Jesus presents to those of us who want to follow what he teaches and at the same time, what a relief to be grateful knowing that God created us and God is directing each of us to be the piece in the puzzle that each of us is meant to be.

Jesus giving God credit is as important to us as it was to Him.  Each of us is a person whom God created, and it is God who directs and controls our lives, as God directed and controlled Jesus’ life.

How grateful I am when affirmations appear that I am where God wants me to be and doing what God wants me to do.

“Ordinary” and “trivial” are words that accompany most of us on our journeys through life, but knowing that God directs what we do convinces us that everything we do is much more than ordinary or trivial.

To be grateful to God every second of every waking day is the ultimate expression of love, and how can it be otherwise when we watch tomatoes appear from flowers, butterflies morph to dust, human beings create computers and understand algebraic topology?

To wake to the surprises each day has a chance to present to us is a gift of God.

We make the best choices of ways to use the moments and hours of that day when we trust in God to open our eyes to the moments and give us direction during the hours.

We look for signs. They come at us as harsh realities sometimes, gentle nudges other times, comforting affirmations, but always, always reassurance that we are loved by God who created us and never leaves us alone.

Prayer:  Please God ,help us to know you are with us every moment of every day.  Amen.

Pat Olson


No comments: