Saturday, March 6, 2010

FRIDAY, MARCH 5

Colossians 3:12-14  Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.  Bear with one another and, if anyone has a complaint against another, forgive each other … Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.

My Dad and Mother were an example to us children in many ways.
Their caring was always apparent with the ability to notice neighbors and friends needs and to assist.

Remembering some of my Dad’s favorite passages in the Bible, are guidelines that I hope will help me live and show God’s love for the world.

Leviticus 19:33-34  When an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien.  The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were alien in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Hebrews 11:9  By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country.

Hebrews 13:1  Let brotherly love continue.

As I remember all the gifts and love I have been given in my life, while I am a sojourner in this land, may I show my thanks and gratitude to God.  

Prayer:  Loving God, give me courage and faith to do your will, to be a blessing to the world where I live, that Your love may be known.  Amen.

Virginia J. Mottershaw

No comments: