Friday, April 15, 2011

FRIDAY, APRIL 15


“… I saw a huge crowd … Everyone was there … all nations and tribes, all races and languages …” (Revelation 7:9)


I love to imagine the scenes that John described as well as his interpretations. Hope is the theme throughout Revelation, in the midst of chaos and fearful images that are often mystifying, to say the least.


Hope in the midst of the uncertain developments in life enables continuing prayer and faith that God is our guide, Jesus is merciful, and the Holy Spirit dwells in us.


These thoughts bring me strength and courage to meet each day, knowing that by the grace of God and the prayers of many, I will get through it.

Life takes many unexpected turns and one can’t help wondering “Why?” Searching for answers to that question is not very useful, and may lead to disappointment and despair.


Instead, remembering that I have come this far, for more than eighty years, and found God helping me at every turn, I know that the future holds more of the same, thanks be to God.


Prayer: Loving and merciful God, may your presence in our lives keep us always hopeful, loving, kind, and generous. Grace us with your mercy and care. In Jesus’ name. Amen.


Ginnie Spurr

No comments: