Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 4




Colossians 2:6-7 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

During the time of Lent, I try to give something up that would help me follow Jesus' teaching to better myself and my surrounding community. Yes, I give up complaining.

This is a whole lot harder than you think. Each day I ask for forgiveness from my negativity and a fresh, positive start. By Easter, my heart is fuller, lighter and overflowing with Christ's love. My complaining has lessened and I truly feel better. Having a wonderful family, friends, neighbors and church community has been a gift from God. I rejoice and thank you First Presbyterian for helping me follow Jesus and strengthen my faith. I am filled with sincere thankfulness!

Dear Lord, I offer You each moment of this day. Whatever comes, the unexpected problems, diversions from Your work, the need-filled self indulgences and all of my complaints, I know Your love for me is limitless. Guide me to seek Your love and draw me closer to You. Amen.

Kim McGlynn

No comments: