Monday, February 18, 2013

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18




Choose you this day who you will serve.   (Joshua 24:15)

I hesitated to make my decision about what to eat in the restaurant.   I was reminded of the "smart choices" on the menu by the little pictures on the side.   I usually prefer the richer, high caloric, sweet foods which are not the best choice for my health.   Today, as hard as it was to decide, I finally chose to keep my resolution to eat healthy and ordered the "smart" meal.

While waiting for my meal, I cleaned out my purse and found a picture my daughter made.   When the waitress returned with my food she saw it and noted that her children's papers and photos were in piles in her living room waiting to be put in albums.   Interestingly, the day before I had moved my children's photos into my living room to do the same thing.   I was surprised the waitress and I had done exactly the same thing.   All we had to do was make a simple decision to put the photos in the albums, but until then, they would stay in piles.

When the food came, it was so good that I closed my eyes to enjoy it.   Because I had made a decision to eat healthily, I was rewarded with good things.   I made a decision and the food was delivered.

Isn't it the same way for spiritual decisions?  We make decisions to respond to God's invitations and God will deliver positive results.   God's invitations are all around us, but are we responding to their urgency or do we do nothing because we think we don't have time?  What are you hesitating to do that is only a decision away?  Are you being asked to get involved in a church or community project, to write a note to someone, or make a phone call of encouragement.   Do you need to decide to read scripture or devote time to prayer?

The waitress returned and said, "When you are ready, I'll take this," and placed the check on the table.   I thought about how much the Lord waits for us to be ready to ask Him to take our issues, excuses, and problems from us.   Why are we hesitating to decide to choose Him and all His ways?  What burden are you holding on to that you can decide to give to God?  Make a decision each day to follow God and He will do the rest.   Just decide and let go.

Dear Father in Heaven,  thank you for sending your son Jesus to die for me.   I choose you to obey.   I give my heart, my thoughts, my ways, my all to you today that I may do what you want me to do.  Please guide me into the right decisions and actions.  In Jesus’ name.   Amen.

Malinda Smith

No comments: