Saturday, April 4, 2015

Saturday, April 4

My friends, we want you to understand how it will be for those followers who have already died. Then you won’t grieve over them and be like people who don’t have any hope.
I Thessalonians 4:13 CEV
When I pass by a cemetery, I think of those who are grieving the loss of each person interred there. When I visit the columbarium, I remember those who have chosen niches for loved ones.

I speculate that those who have already died know that we grieve and mourn. It is said that the hardest loss of all is one’s own child. I can testify to that. According to the Apostle Paul, if we believe, we will have hope, and we won’t grieve like people who have no hope.

“Faith, hope, and love—these three . . .” are gifts of God.

When grief and sorrow seem to overwhelm us, may we remember and take hold of these gifts, with a prayer for the will and strength to place our hope in Christ, who will take us to himself when he comes again.


Thank you, dear God, for Jesus who has been raised to life and will raise us to life, according to the scriptures. Let us be encouraged by these words. Amen.

Ginnie Spurr

No comments: