Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Ash Wednesday February 10


In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
Romans 8:26-27



Thank You for Your Nudge.
Another chaotic day. My mind is kicked into accelerated speed. Responsibilities-schedules-deadlines. Accomplishments done in a normal workday world. Then I feel God’s nudge. I recognize Your Voice speaking to my heart. I still remember that day sitting at my desk getting ready for my next scheduled appointment. I look out my office window that faces Greenfield. It is a cold rainy day. A young mother is holding her small baby waiting for the bus. I’m thinking they probably just came out of the medical building from seeing the doctor. Maybe the baby is not well. I’m thinking neither one is dressed for the weather. She has no umbrella. My mind starts fretting that baby is going to get sick –where is that bus? I start thinking what can I do? I only have few minutes before I have to see my next outpatient. Should I run out and give them my umbrella, but the baby would still be cold. Maybe they could wait inside the building, but they would not be able to see the bus coming and get out in time to catch it. I realize the need to pray. I keep asking “What can I do Lord”. I then see a car come to a stop and roll down the window. The driver is a woman who I assume is asking the young woman where she needs to go. They speak for a few minutes and then the young mother gets into the car.
I marvel at God’s timing and wisdom. Planting that same nudge in that driver’s heart, and the ability to act in faith.



Gracious God, help me listen until it is time to act. Then let me act in faith knowing that your spirit is leading me.


Amy Rogers

No comments: