Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Wednesday, April 12

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I; send me!’
Isaiah 6:8



One of my very favorite hymns is "Here I Am Lord". This beautiful hymn, written by Dan Schutte in 1981 was inspired by Isaiah 6:8, where God calls Isaiah to be his servant and messenger to the people:
I who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear My light to them?
Whom shall I send?
Here I am Lord, Is it I, Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.

I believe I was called about two years ago to serve as a Stephen Minister. Through this ministry we walk beside someone through a difficult time. We learn to “meet the person where they are”, how to listen and how to support our care receivers in a confidential, non-judgmental way. The impact of this ministry on my life has been amazing; my faith has deepened, I pray more often, have made wonderful friendships with my fellow Stephen Ministers, and I hope I am kinder and a better listener to others I meet.
I pray you will listen for your call this Lenten season, whatever that may be, and that when called you will answer “Here I am Lord”!



Gracious and loving God, help us to listen and to open our hearts for your calling, that we may bear your light into the world and hold your people in our hearts. Amen

Cindy Lanzen

No comments: