Thursday, February 28, 2008

LENTEN DEVOTION FOR THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28

Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all who take the sword will perish by the sword." (Matthew 26:52)

Sometime ago I was reading a book and came across the phrase "The Christ in me greets the Christ in you." It was a powerful statement and made me think long and hard.

When I've been patiently waiting for a parking space and someone else takes it, do I recognize the Christ, much less greet the Christ in that person? Do I see the Christ in a driver who dangerously cuts me off? The rapist? The murderer? The child molester? Can the Christ in me greet the Christ in them?

I sincerely want to be a peaceful influence among all people that I encounter, but it's certainly not easy; it's very hard. In those hard moments I turn to God in prayer, asking that my vengeful thoughts be turned into positive thoughts.

As I radiate peace and bless others I bless myself as well.

The Christ in me greets the Christ in you.

My God, my Father, make me an instrument of peace. Amen.

Nancy Therasse

No comments: