Thursday, March 31, 2011

THURSDAY, MARCH 31


For we walk by faith, not by sight.” (2 Corinthians 5:7)


I am sitting looking out my window at a bitter cold, snow covered landscape. But I know that when you read this it will be warmer and that Spring will be that much closer. How can I be so sure? Not because Al Gore has told me about Global Warming, but because God has ASSURED me that it will come. That is Faith. Not because of what we see or feel today but because of God’s promise of tomorrow.


We cannot see the wind. We can only see its effects. We can feel the wind. We can see what it does, but it is not a visible thing. To me that is Faith. You can see the effects of Faith where ever you look: In the actions of those around us, in the miracles that are happening at the Alcott school, in the prayers that make us stronger, and in the wish for peace that we share each Sunday. Faith is just that, the visible effects of our knowledge of God’s love.


Spring will come because God is already here. He lives in our Faith. An invisible force that you cannot touch but that you can surely feel. “I believe in God the Father almighty maker of Heaven and Earth.” I may not be able to see him today but I can see his effect. What more can any of us ask for.


Prayer: Dear Lord, as we walk with you, we have faith that your will WILL be done. Amen.

Joyce Uzelac


No comments: