Saturday, April 2, 2011

SATURDAY, APRIL 2


When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” (Psalm 56.3)


Fear not


When I was feeling overwhelmed and fearful of an uncertain future, I heard someone say God wants our burdens. I figured if he really wants them, I will gladly give them to him. I admit I felt guilty. I always thought my burdens weren’t big enough to bother God with. Now I see that by giving my burdens to God, I am better able to do God’s work and to hear and feel his guidance. I trust that God will be with me through the most difficult times and will give me his strength to survive.


Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for all you have done for me. I ask that you remind me of your presence in times of stress and fear so I can give you my burdens and feel your strength and unconditional love. Please help me quiet my mind so I can hear you and allow you to work thru me to help others. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Dru Szczerba


_______________________________________________



But, when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right hand in doing, so that your alms may be secret; and your father who sees in secret will reward you.” (Matthew 6:3-4)


These verses are always a challenge to follow for me, especially, when I have a real vested interest in selecting the gift. Giving up management or hoping others will feel the joy that I anticipate this gift should bring.

I know that the gifts should be given for the sake of giving and a response to God’s love.


Prayer: Heavenly Father, who knows my heart, help me to respond to your love in generosity and prayer. In Christ name. Amen.


Virginia Mottershaw

No comments: