Friday, April 1, 2011

FRIDAY, APRIL 1


And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)


This passage struck a cord with me. If you believe and love God, your life will be filled with gum drops and rainbows. Should we as Christians stop reading at Romans and profess our love to God and everything will be alright? I wish! But the more I read and thought of personal history within my life, this is not what this verse appears to be. Trust me, I have prayed and prayed about selfish and unselfish things. Because I declare myself as a Christian, does that mean that bad things won't happen and that I can live forever in Candy Land? Hardly.


I feel that Paul gives us in this passage the “Good News” we all seek – through difficult and sad times, God’s overall plan for us is good. Nothing can separate us from the love of God. The Christian’s life on Earth may involve many difficulties, but the glorious end result will make all the difficulties seem worthwhile. The Bible shows us through Jesus Christ and his life on Earth that this is true. I believe the best is yet to come here at First Presbyterian Church!


Prayer: Dear Father, thank you for your “Good News.” Nothing, and I mean nothing, will ever separate my love for your church (FPC) and you. Through the love of Jesus Christ. Amen.


Kim McGlynn

No comments: