Monday, February 27, 2012

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 27




Psalm 54:2 Hear my prayer, O God; listen to my every word.

A Little Bit of Faith (And A Lot of Trust)

It was the night before the big math test on the hardest unit of the year. The stress of hours of homework was bearing down on me, and drowsiness was beginning to take effect. The realization I would have to go to bed soon washed over me like the waves on a beach, constantly telling me I wouldn't have much time to study for the test. When my parents finally told me I had to go to bed, it was not a surprise. I had barely been able to get a glimpse at the textbook, and knew that I was going to have trouble on the test. Right then and there I got down on my knees and prayed.

It was now time for the test. When the teacher started passing them out, I was extremely worried. I needed to relax, because if I stressed now, I would not be able to think very well on the test. When I started the test, the first page was fairly easy, and I finished it without too much trouble. The second page was a little harder, but not so that I couldn't do it. This went on for a while, and the pages kept getting harder.

When I got to the last page, I could not believe what they were testing us on. This was a subject that the teacher had told us not to stress about, but I had a reason to. This was one of the subjects I had not studied, and I was not ready for it. I knew what I had to do. I closed my eyes and prayed.

When I opened my eyes and looked back at the test, I started to remember that subject. It was all coming back to me. I stopped for a second, thanked God, and then went back to my test. In all of my life, I have never felt like God was talking to me like I did in that moment.

If you ever are in trouble, having financial problems, or just trying to remember the answers on a test, always pray to God, and he will help you however you let him. Even if you give up on him, he will always be there for you, but he can help you more if you ask him. Always ask God to help you, and he will always be there for you.

Dear Heavenly Father, please help us to ask you when we need help. Most importantly, help us to trust that you can help us. Help us to always remember you. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Robert Smith, age 12, 6th grade

No comments: