Friday, March 15, 2013

FRIDAY, MARCH 15



The Lord is God, and he has made his light shine upon us. (Psalm 118:27)

Here is a poem that I wrote after hearing Kate Thoresen’s story about grace lights being used to bring out subtle details in a photograph. And the glory of the Lord may shine on us in the same way.

Grace Lights

How did I not know
There were grace lights
That those who love me
Were holding them all along
framing me in the best possible
of all lights
That I might, without being always
the center of attention,
be seen as I am.
No excuses;
Though I longed for the blinding light
on the road to Damascus
I'd feared it too.
The obligation,
the monster that would devour me.
But, Be, she says.
Not to be, but now
This moment.
Acceptance that shows one in the triune,
what better light?
The light
That lets me learn
finally, how to hold it up for others,
The light
that welcomes us all
To do the same.

O God, thank you for shining your light on me so that I may shine it on others. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Alinda Wasner

No comments: