Tuesday, March 12, 2013

TUESDAY, MARCH 12



Give and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For the measure you give will be the measure you get back. (Luke 6:38)

Give Love Today

I try to be positive and greet everyone I meet with a smile and a quick chat about the weather or a reference to God’s wonderful moment today. It could be a windy day and I will say “It’s great to feel God today, giving us just what we need.” It is not always easy to say something, but I feel I want to let the other person know I care and acknowledge that person. Sometimes I feel God places that person in my view to send some joy or positive energy in that person’s direction.
I have been reading the book “Secret the Power” by Rhonda Byrne, where she quotes many famous people through history, who give great advice about living a positive life. What you give you receive. Our lives are full of give and take, sometimes we give more and other times we take more. It is a daily balance of give and take that seeks to challenge us.
When my daughter was in kindergarten, I would see another mom dropping off her daughter always in tears. I would say “Hello” and give her a smile. Later that year our daughters were friends that met after school to play. She told me that she was going through a difficult time with her family. When I said “Hello” with a smile it made the experience easier for her to face school.
We all have challenges. I believe that if we care a little more about someone else, whether it is family, friend, or stranger, it makes our woes easier to handle. I know when I try to spread some joy, ever so small, it comes back to me in many unexpected ways. When I let the negativity in, it grows like a storm gaining strength, and bad things seem to happen.
Today, use your power of positivity and spread it around. You will be amazed at what God can do with a little caring love. You may meet a new friend or Joy will find you

Dear Lord, help us to give more Love to those all around us. Help others to see your light within us and to shine our light to others in need. In your precious name Jesus. Amen.
Kathleen Sleder

No comments: