Saturday, March 29, 2014

Saturday, March 29

I clipped the following from a “Concern” some years ago and think its message is timeless.
PRAYER OF A UPW MEMBER
God give me an understanding heart
that I may see in every being a part of thee.
So let me share another's woe
that we may help our faith to grow.
Give me a dedicated heart
that I may bring time, self and talents to thee, our King; serving and constantly striving to be
worthy of all thy gifts to me.
Give me a grateful, joy-filled heart
that I may cheer those in deep grief or filled with fear;
maintaining, whatever problems there be,
praise and unwavering trust in thee.
Author: Fay Robinson Los Osos, California
Submitted by: Vera Harkin (1990)
EDITOR'S NOTE: CONCERN was the name of the magazine published by the forerunner of our current national Presbyterian Women organization. Our PW magazine is now called Horizons.

No comments: