Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tuesday, February 24

Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud; love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs; love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth. Love never gives up; and its faith, hope and patience never fail. Meanwhile these three remain: faith, hope, and love; and the greatest of these is love.
Good News Bible  1 Corinthians 13: 4-7,13



Love is an emotion that we all feel throughout our lives. It takes many forms- the love of a parent, the love of a sibling, the love of a child, or the love of a pet.
I have been blessed as most of us have to feel surrounded by love all my life, but it was only recently that I experienced true love. At times I felt unloved and alone and I looked around to find signs of  love around me – at that moment, without fail, I found it in the simple things – the cold nose or extended paw from one of my dogs and if you don't know my fellas, they are big and have giant paws! Or I found it in a family photo or when remembering what my mom's laugh sounded like – these simple things reminded me that God is always there for me and will always love me unconditionally. I had always longed to fall in love and marry my best friend and I was beginning to think that God had other plans for me. And then, one of those moments happened again and Ed walked into my life.  We fell in love and I was able to turn the dream of true love into reality.
I dreamed of my wedding for many years and when I finally got to plan it for real, I wanted to capture all the images I had in my mind. I wanted to hear the organ as I walked down the aisle and see my chosen mate for the first time that day but most of all I wanted to hear my pastor read this scripture- always one of my favorites.  On August 2, my wedding day, I got my wish as I was able to stand before God in front of my family and friends and hear Pastor Judson say those words to Ed and I.
That day we opened a new chapter in our life and we began a new journey. We learn each day that love never gives up and we remember the message Pastor John had for us that day - love is a choice. I am blessed to have found Ed to share my life with and I am blessed to feel love in so many ways. Thanks be to God.
God, Please help me to remember that you are always there for me, even when I feel alone. Help me to remember that you love us unconditionally and that love is a choice and a blessing.
Amen


 Mary Aho

No comments: