Thursday, March 12, 2015

Thursday, March 12

I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.
Psalm 34: 1-3

A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
Many, many times each day, I thank God for the many blessings He has bestowed on me. However, there have been periods of agonizing worry and grief during the critical illnesses of those I love most - father, mother, husband, dear friend, and yes, my own health.

Although I have tried to comfort others who have similar experience by encouraging them to strive for complete faith in God, I find it difficult – often impossible – to apply my own advice. Along with prayer, I have found the strength in Psalm 34. What can be more assuring than verse 4 of that song, "I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears." To be sure, He does not always answer my pleas in the way I suggested, but in delivering me from my fears, I was better able to act on the crisis. It also shows me how to enjoy daily living by “keeping my tongue from evil and my lips from speaking deceit, seeking peace and pursuing it."

My sincere hope is that when the next crisis comes, “this poor soul will look to Him and be radiant, will cry and be heard by the Lord and be saved from trouble."

Prayer: Heavenly Father, hear us all as we pray for your love and assurance of strength while we strive to have perfect faith in your promise. Amen.

Mary Cosner (1994)


O Magnify the Lord with me

No comments: