Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tuesday, March 17

Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with thanksgiving. at the same time, pray for us as well that God will open a door.
Col. 4:2-3 NRSV

Max1 was right. Last year my mantra was “God will get you through this.” It won’t be painless (it wasn’t). It won’t be quick (it wasn’t). But God will use this mess for good (He did). Max was right. He used this mess (chronic lymphocytic leukemia) for good.
First, one of the physicians assistants asked to use my case to help other doctors use what they learned to help other patients like me, with a cancer stage unknown at the time of admission.
Second, I have learned to find joy in small ways: a new day, life, our crazy dog’s antics, friends, remission (I never thought I’d hear that word), seeing my short play on stage at Village Players.
Mostly, though, I feel a sense of well being. Although the road may not always be smooth, I am more open to new ideas, new challenges. I pray more. I trust in God more than I did. I ask for God’s help to make me more patient, help me accept things as they are and with God’s help change what I can. And with His help I will continue along this path and He will open new doors.
Dear Lord, help me find my way with your help. Lead me in new directions and open my heart and mind to follow your way always. In Jesus name, Amen.

Maggie Garza


God will open a door


1Lucado, Max,  You’ll Get Through This (nelson, 2013) A3

No comments: