Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday, February 19

And besides this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, and to virtue knowledge, and to knowledge temperance, and to temperance godliness, and to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness charity.
2 Peter 1:5-7 KJV


I've always tried to be independent (though some would say I was stubborn). I've almost preferred to work alone and to solve problems myself. As I age, however, I find I'm becoming frustrated more often as I find I can't do things which were once so easy for me – but I am very reluctant to ask for help. I recently read Jan Karon's book Patches of God-light, in which "Father Tim" had made this sermon note:
It is crucial that we allow others to show us kindness.
That struck home somehow, as I don't think I'd ever considered such a thought.
Heavenly Father, May I keep that thought in mind for the next time I'm frustrated but reluctant to ask for help. May I also be there for others . In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Jane Van Dragt

No comments: