Thursday, February 18, 2016

Thursday, February 18

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave nor forsake you.
Deut. 31:6
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1
Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.
Psalm 56:3
The Lord is on my side, I will not fear. What can man do to me?
Psalm 18:6
Do not be afraid of sudden terror; nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; For the Lord will be your confidence, And will keep your foot from being caught.
Proverbs 3:25-26
The fear of others lays a snare, but one who trusts in the Lord is secure.
Proverbs 29:25
Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10



When You Feel Fearful
Many people claim number 7 as their lucky number. Bruce and I agreed. We each have a 7 in our birth dates, have lived in 7 different homes, but can claim something that could never happen to anyone else! Our seventh home was purchased on 7/7/77! Tying this together with my devotion title, are the seven scripture references shown above. These remind us that we need not fear. One of our favorite pastors recommended reading these when we are afraid.


Lord, help me to find comfort in Your word. Help me to know that fear of death is never an issue because … whether I live or whether I die, You are there, always with me. Amen.


Sheryl McCristal

No comments: