Monday, March 13, 2017

Monday, March 13

 Come close to God and He will come close to you
James 4:8

The Clock of Life
For some the Clock of Life moves slowly
For others it moves fast
And no man knows the hour of day
The hands will stop at last.

It’s said the clock is wound but once,
And God alone doth know
Just how and when the hands will stop
Or if they’re fast or slow.

So while our clock is running smooth
Let’s do our Father’s will
And give the world our very best
Ere the hands are still
By Robert H. Smith (1932 - 2006)

As my imminent move to Cedarbrook of Bloomfield Hills comes closer I will not need a favorite thing of 40 years here - a lovely wall hanging of walnut wood with gold and white print that I enjoyed while on the phone being “trapped on hold.”  While waiting, I would be calmed and soothed by the above words. At Cedarbrook I will be using my cell phone. No landline phone there.
I pray the Holy Spirit guide, comfort, and enable me to be the best He would have me be.


Sheryl McCristal

No comments: