Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Wednesday, March 15

 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Relieve the troubles of my heart, and bring me Out of my distress.
Scripture: Psalm 25:16-17

Pray Loneliness Away
That you need to talk with man
Thus loneliness repairing
But I say, "There is always God,
Who never from you parts.”
To Him please talk in confidence,
He knows the praying heart.
There is no separation, dear,
From Him who is all love,
Just admit it and accept it.
He hears you from above.
You'll be comforted in praying,
The answer soon will come.
It will surprise -- delight you
To see God's will is done

This poem was written by my sister, Hazel Benedict, after I told her I was lonely.
Doris Scheel, 1996



Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples.
Luke 11:1b



Jesus taught the disciples the Lord's Prayer, and many of us learned these words from early childhood. We also pray as the Spirit leads us. When we pray, we confess our faith and lift up our concerns, remembering that:  
The sun rises in the morning and sets in the evening; We meet challenges daily:  Health problems, financial problems, family problems, miscellaneous concerns regarding health, home, transportation, employment, civic affairs.
Does Jesus care about these things?  The old hymn reminds us that "His heart is touched by my grief ... I  know my Saviour cares."

What a blessing it is, when we pray, to know that God hears, Jesus prays with us, and the Holy Spirit guides us according to our requests and needs.  
Thanks be to God.


Ginnie Spurr

No comments: