Saturday, March 11, 2017

Saturday, March 11

Happy are those who trust in the Lord.
Psalm 40:4a, Good News Bible



After my Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) returned last Spring (2016), I felt depressed and anxious.  Worried about each little thing.  Then, one day it dawned on me something was missing.  I wasn’t trying to be positive.  I feel better when I am not weighted down with worry.  
So, I turned to what I love best: reading Spiritual, uplifting books and writing poetry and plays. I began reading Jesus Calling* again.  Some points I read were:
  • Trust is a staff you can lean on when you journey uphill with me.  Lean on, trust in me consistently and the staff will bear as much of your weight as you need. (January 22)
  • Hope will get you through.  “Hope is a Golden cord connecting you to Heaven.  The more you cling, the more I bear the weight of your burdens.”  (Jan 8)
Inspired by these words I rewrote the following “poem” (Which I never let anyone read before)

Hope
Hope is a thing you can’t live without
Sometimes it’s cold and grey
Like a slice of sunlight on a cold day
And I know, things will get better
With God’s help.
And they do.
In His way.  
M. Garza 2016
2017 is going to be my year, and even if it isn’t, I know I will be all right.  Happy are those who trust in the Lord.

Dear God, help me to trust in you when things are dark and grey as I trust in you when things are light.  Let me lean on your staff.  Amen

Maggie Garza

1) Young, Sarah. Jesus Calling.  Nashville, INT. Thomas Nelson, C 2004

No comments: