Friday, April 7, 2017

Friday, April 7

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Psalms 51:10

My star word for the year is renewal. As I meditate on what that means for me, especially as we enter the Lenten season, I am reminded how hard it is to keep the attitude of discovery alive when sometimes Lent can feel like just another routine part of the Christian calendar.
Where should I look for renewal during this time?
Renew in me a sense of awe and curiosity. Move my faith beyond the routine. Let there be discovery throughout my journey
Renew in me a sense of humbleness. Let me be unassuming and open to what God has to say. Be still and know. Be still and learn.
Renew in me a sense of openness. Remove confining barriers to my faith and give me freedom to serve.

Lord, renew in me the splendor of your love, the wonder of your power, the fullness of your joy, and the promise of your grace. Amen.


Diane Amendt

No comments: