Sunday, March 29, 2009

[LENTEN DEVOTIONAL] Sunday, March 29

SUNDAY,  MARCH 29

Psalm 105:1-2 
O Give thanks unto the Lord; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.  Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works.
 


Attending Presbyterian churches has been ongoing for 75 years now.  Calvin Presbyterian Church in Detroit through WWII, Alma College, and then First Presbyterian in Birmingham.  I began teaching Sunday School for Mary Clark when her daughter was dying of cancer.  This was in our old church on Old Woodward Avenue.
 

  • I believe faith and trust in God are two words that are always with me, and I thank God for watching over and guiding me everyday.  I am ever thankful for that faith and trust:
     
  • in being a chaperone for eight teenagers from our church on a mission trip to Puerto Rico and bringing everyone safely home.  I witnessed in two churches in Puerto Rico.
     
  • for working with special needs kids and teaching them beyond their supposed capability.  Some parents said God sent them to me.  That’s an awesome responsibility.
     
  • for raising four kids and having them turn into the most caring, loving, helpful and thoughtful kids imaginable.
     
  • for the gift of being a grandmother.
     
  • in knowing we can host visitors from over the world and religious leaders of different faiths, some of whom told us God sent them to our house.  Coming from Muslim imams, the message was inspiring.
     
  • for knowing each of Carl’s surgeries and my recent bladder cancer diagnosis would have a positive outcome.
     
  • for loving the same man for 61 years and celebrating our 58th anniversary last November.
     
  • for knowing God is always with me every day in every way.

 

Prayer:  Loving God, thanks for faith and trust and your guidance everyday in my life.  Amen.

Lou Stewart



-----------------------------------------------------
You can unsubscribe from this list, or change preferences by clicking this link.

powered by phplist v 2.10.8, © tincan ltd

No comments: