Friday, March 16, 2012

FRIDAY, MARCH 16




1 Samuel 2:1 My heart exults in the Lord; my strength is exalted in my God.

POWER OUTAGES

In Canada at our cottage the power often goes out during storms. Sometimes the darkness lasts for only a minute or two until a master engineer somewhere flips a crucial switch.

In Bloomfield Hills at our condo, however, when the power goes out during a storm it is often out for hours, days… even weeks before it is restored.

How long does it take when your power goes out? What does it take to re-generate it?

It’s customary to lose our personal power due to life’s unexpected twists and turns: In families, in relationships at work, at home or even at play.

Where can we turn? Where do we turn?

My prayer is that my restoration times become shorter, dear Lord. When I lose power within, help me to regain it. Become my Master engineer, restoring me by Your Grace; reminding me to seek Thy help in my darkness. Amen.

Janet Munson

No comments: