Saturday, March 17, 2012

SATURDAY, MARCH 17




Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

My Aunt helped me through many difficult times soothing me with the words “This too shall pass.”
When I think of the toughest times during my life, I know how true these words are and know I would not be who I am had I not experienced tough times. Now, as an adult, the difficult times may seem insurmountable, and so many people I know are experiencing something in their lives which is weighing heavily on their minds and in their hearts.

Know that the community of this church is here for and with you. Don’t be afraid to reach out and open up to someone. There are so many caring staff and parishioners ready to help and befriend. You are not alone.

Getting involved in church activities opens up opportunities to meet more of these wonderful people. Chuck and I volunteered to assist in reviewing a book on parenting with the confirmation parents. Through these Sunday meetings we have met and experienced insightful discussions with a great group of parents whom we never may have met if we had not volunteered.

I wish for you to find joy and a reason to laugh and smile each day!

Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
(The Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Neibuhr)

Heidi Wilkinson

No comments: