Thursday, March 29, 2012

THURSDAY, MARCH 29




Matthew 18:12 “What do you think?”

In pondering Christ’s death and resurrection, many feelings of wonder, fear, and longing arise. The youth of our church share their wonders, fears, and longings in the hope that you might also take time to consider what images these feelings arouse in you. Their responses range from pensive to playful, demonstrating the breadth of human feeling.

Scripture: Luke 5:26 They were filled with wonder.

I wonder...
  • why we rush to judge others
  • why some people are bad
  • where the universe ends
  • why we sleep at night and are active during the day
  • how to get rid of bad dreams
  • why we cook bacon but bake cookies

Scripture: Isaiah 43:5 “Do not be afraid, for I am with you.”

I fear…
  • clowns
  • needles
  • dying
  • others dying
  • fear
  • drowning
  • sharks
  • guns
  • dark
  • snakes
  • spiders
  • failure
  • thunder and lightning

Scripture: Mark 10:51 “What do you want me to do for you?”

I long for...
  • an end to bullying
  • peace
  • a loving family
  • selflessness
  • friends
  • world peace
I give You these stirrings inside me. I give You my discontent, I give You my restlessness, I give You my doubt. I give You my despair, I give You all the longings I hold inside. (The Northumbria Community)

FPC Youth Groups

No comments: