Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7




Psalm 118:24 This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Quoting from the Sanskrit:

Look to this day for it is life, the very life of life.
Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of
happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.

Many years ago a colleague asked me to replicate this quote in calligraphy. It was very meaningful to her and it became meaningful to me. What does it mean to live a day well? What actions make a day well lived?

As I analyzed these questions, these thoughts emerged:

Was I true to my values today? Did I act in ways which are congruent with my Christian beliefs?

Did any action of mine make the world a better place for someone?

Did I show and receive love for/from my family and friends?

Did I accomplish or make progress toward accomplishing goals or meeting responsibilities?

Did I consciously enjoy nature or my surroundings?

I do encourage you to give thought to what is important in making your life well lived. I wish for you tomorrows which are visions of hope.

Lord, help us to be mindful of your guidance in making wise choices and focusing our lives in ways which are beneficial to others. Amen.

Diane K. Bert

No comments: