Sunday, March 4, 2012

SUNDAY, MARCH 4




Luke 22-23 And he said to his disciples, “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you shall eat, nor about your body, what you shall put on. For life is more than food, and body more than clothing.”

Live for Today

While at 7th grade Winter Camp with my daughter, I recently fell and broke my right hand and right foot. I had been worried all day this would happen as the mud became very slippery, traveling through the woods to study signs of various animals. I had become so focused on falling, I am not surprised it happened. I should have focused on being with my daughter and learning all of the wonderful things about nature and God’s creation.

While at home healing, I have time to read and contemplate my life and its choices. I came upon this wonderful quote:

Live today. Not yesterday. Not Tomorrow.
Just Today. Inhabit your moments.
Don’t Rent them out to tomorrow.”
(Jerry Spinelli – children’s author)

Some days while I heal, I contemplate, and I know God is here to help me through. Try contemplating today and listen for God’s voice, it’s right there inside waiting to be heard. Just listen.

So focus on today and its joys. Tomorrow will come soon enough. It’s also good to know you can change your path in life, and I am ready to make some much needed changes.

Dear Lord, help us to listen and contemplate our day as it unfolds. Help us to stop and listen to your voice within today. Amen.

Kathleen Sleder

No comments: