Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday, March 13

 ... but the gift of God is eternal through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:23
THE GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE
I look around
In a world of gifted people
And wonder, a bit wistfully,
What is my gift?
What do I have to give the world?
The gift of God to each of us
Is life itself,
This bubbling, restless force
That churns inside us,
That seeks expression and direction
Like a rushing stream...
Sometimes formed by circumstances
As a stream is by its banks,
But never contained by them.
Moving, changing form
Ducking under obstacles, splashing over them.
My Gift from God?
Life!
And how twice-gifted I am
If the stream of my life has been given direction
By the meaning of Jesus Christ.
by Gordon and Gladis DePree
 
Prayer: Heavenly Father at this time of Lent we thank you for the awesome message of Easter -- the promise of eternal life. We praise you for the gift of your constant and unconditional love. HeIp us to love you as we ought to love and to love and serve others. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
 
Doris Bergan (1991)

No comments: