Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday, March 20

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, From whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, Which made heaven and earth.
Psalm 121: 1-2

Just for Today

Just for today I will try to live through this day
only and not tackle my whole life problem at once.

Just for today I will be happy and agreeable.
I will be courteous, not criticize and not find fault.

Just for today I will do someone a good turn.

Just for today will I enjoy what is beautiful and believe that
as I give to the world, so the world will give to me.

Just for today I will try to strengthen my mind.
I will turn my mind to the heavens and lift my eyes unto the hills.
Seems to be based on a poem that was first published in the Boston Globe by Frank Crane in 1921

This keeps me in touch with God and fills me with peace.
Lucille Curry (1991)


He has showed you, O Man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 5:8
Prayer: Dear God, You have heard our prayers, for you know our needs before we ask. Make us strong to handle each day's tasks, one day at a time. Make wars to cease and bring the day long-promised, when the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of God as waters cover the sea. May we walk your way of peace with a sure hope, trusting in Jesus Christ, the hope of the world and the Prince of Peace. Amen.

Lois Poston (1991)

No comments: