Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tuesday, March 18

They said to him, ‘Where is your wife Sarah?’ And he said, ‘There, in the tent.’ Then one said, ‘I will surely return to you in due season, and your wife Sarah shall have a son.’ And Sarah was listening at the tent entrance behind him. Now Abraham and Sarah were old, advanced in age; it had ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women. So Sarah laughed to herself, saying, ‘After I have grown old, and my husband is old, shall I have pleasure?’ The Lord said to Abraham, ‘Why did Sarah laugh, and say, “Shall I indeed bear a child, now that I am old?” Is anything too wonderful for the Lord? At the set time I will return to you, in due season, and Sarah shall have a son.’ But Sarah denied, saying, ‘I did not laugh’; for she was afraid. He said, ‘Oh yes, you did laugh.’
Genesis 18: 9-15

WORD - FILLED

This day holds no promise.
Between yesterday and tomorrow,
Tired with worn-out dreams,
We bend to break
Until ....
This empty day is filled
With the Word
To wipe away all weariness.
Abraham and Sara
Rubbed their eyes In dusty disbelief
When Strangers poured out the Surprise!
So our impossibilities are filled
When sojourners bring expectancy -
God's hovering Promise
To Be in the midst
Of our wanderings -
A seed of Life.
So we laugh!

Jane Perdue (1990)

From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
John 1:16

When I recognized my own emptiness, barrenness, powerlessness – surrendered all of my personal expectations -- the Living Christ filled me with himself, giving me new life where there was none.
To be specific, I first found the fullness of Christ in the midst of childlessness, enabling me to see the blessings of God that already surrounded me – and to live expectantly.

Linda Knappenberger (1990)

 

No comments: