Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thursday, April 10

PRAYER OF ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light, and
Where there is sadness, joy.

Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal life.

May this also be our prayer as we seek to serve our Lord right where we are. I like the specific suggestions for action which are as important today as when this prayer was written in the 13th century.
Doris Bergan (1991)
Prayer: Lord, help me to enrich the lives of those with whom I come in contact. Strengthen me so that others will not have been diminished by having known me.
Prayer by Kay LaForest (1991)

This is the day the Lord has made: let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24
We cannot forecast the future but we can help shape it. Each day God gives us new possibilities to deepen our faith, to be a good neighbor, to promote justice, to create a future that holds promise and hope for all peoples of the world.
Prayer: O God, help us follow your leading, one day at a time. Amen.
Lois Poston (1990)

No comments: