Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wednesday, April 9

No longer will the sun be your light by day or the moon be your light by night. I, the Lord, will be your eternal light. The light of my glory will shine on you.
Isaiah 50:19
 
I've pondered how it might have been to have been born in the world before Christ, before the eternal light was given to us. What would it have been like to be living out my days thinking they would end with my death? Or to be thinking I would never again see loved ones gone before me, or ones I was leaving behind?
If I had been living during Christ's time on earth, would I have had the courage to seek the light of Christ knowing the controversy and conflict often surrounding hin? Would I have listened and been moved to be a follower?
We have been so blessed to have His words and promises available for the taking. How easy He has made it for us. How little we are tested.
Prayer: Thank your Father God, for the gift of your son who is the light of my life.
 
Pauline Davidson (1991)

 
It is so comforting to remember that God is always with us, watching over us as a parent watches over a child. And just like a parent, God will often stay in the background, allowing us to make our mistakes because it is through our mistakes that we learn and grow. But when we're alone and troubled, God is there to comfort us and help us through to better times.
Prayer: Thank you, dear God, for always being there, even when we aren't aware of your presence. Thank you for being with us not only to comfort us but also to help us continue to become better persons. Amen.
 
Anne Ihnen (1991)

No comments: