Monday, February 22, 2016

Monday, February 22

Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
John 20:29 English Standard Version (ESV)



So often we hear 'Seeing is believing.' I say, 'Believing is seeing.'
I will never forget an incident with my son, Matt. He is now 22 years old. He was probably 4 years old at the time. We were driving through town and he was securely fastened in his car seat in the back seat of our car.
As I was driving he said, "Mom, I am very sad." I asked, "Why are you sad?" Then he said, "Because I am forgetting what God looks like!" I looked in the rear view mirror and saw my little boy who just rocked my world with his words. I pulled over and asked him to repeat what he said. After repeating his statement I asked that question we all would of asked, "What does God look like?" He could not describe God for me.
I wasn't disappointed because at that moment I realized my belief helped me to share his sighting and I did not need to see to believe!

God, please give each of us to have a strong 'belief to see' you and know that you are with us at all times. That you love us and will be there when we ask for you and even when we don't know we need you to answer our innermost needs. And if there is ever a time when we truly feel that we need to 'see to believe,' please give us the sight of a child to see you in the simple things occurring in our daily lives. Amen

Heidi Wilkinson

No comments: