Saturday, March 19, 2016

Saturday, March 19

But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare …. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord
Jeremiah 29: 7, 12-14a

Prayers For Those Who Have No One to Pray for Them
For children without a family.
For the childless who long for children.
For the enslaved and the trafficked.
For the homebound and weary.

For the missed and the missing. For the sick and the dying.
For those who have no family left who remembers them.
For those separated from or who have lost their families.
For the speechless and those who cannot speak up for themselves.

For the innocent and those who are denied due process
and are imprisoned.
For immigrants and minorities denigrated by politicians.
For innocent children whose elders
would teach them hate and prejudice.
For all people despised for the color of their skin.

For those bullied and scorned for being different.
For those who despise and scorn and bully and hate and belittle and enslave and imprison and traffick even though
we find it extra hard to pray for them.
For the arrogant who are so hard to abide even though
we assume we are not at all like them.

For ourselves lest we forget.
And Lest we forget we are not perfect.
Lest we forget to name our daily blessings.

Alinda Wasner


No comments: