Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Wednesday, March 16

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24


As we once again follow Christ’s footsteps to the cross this Lenten season, we are invited to reflect on our lives and our journeys here on earth. This past fall, a friend introduced me to the writing of John O’Donohue, an Irish poet, teacher and Celtic spiritualist. In his book To Bless the Space Between Us: a Book of Blessings (2008) he invites us to be open to receive the many blessings that are offered to us as well as to share blessings with one another. In his chapter “Beginnings” he concludes one of his matins, with the following invitation
May I live this day
Compassionate of heart,
Clear in word,
Gracious in awareness
Courageous in thought,
Generous in love.
As I ponder these words in my heart each morning, I’m finding them to be my guiding inspiration to live in love with joy and hope as I receive God's gift of each new day.

Lord, Jesus Christ, you called your disciples and now us to go forward with you on the way to the cross. Thank you for being our guide on this sojourn - may we learn to live with more kindness each day. Please open our hearts to receive your love more fully that we might share your light of love, peace and hope to all with whom we encounter each day. Amen.


Barb Linnenbrink

No comments: