Thursday, March 3, 2016

Thursday, March 3

And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.
Psalm 12:6
Seven being the perfect number meaning without question, complete and refined in a furnace suggests an exceptional level of correctness. Only God can be this perfect but we must try to choose our words carefully to respect the ones we love.
For Christmas one year our daughter gave me a Bible and wrote a short message of encouragement for my recovery from open heart surgery.
“I tried thinking of a million gifts for you this Christmas. I wanted one that had everlasting power……. Some scripture references that talk about the power of God’s word in our lives are Isaiah 55:11 that says “…my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.” Another good one is Hebrews 4:12 that says “For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”
I love you Dad, may you seek God with all your heart”
These sentiments and words have been so meaningful to me for many years. I share them because God’s words are so powerful and perfect.
Heavenly Father, please help us all to invite you into our hearts. Amen


Robert Morrill

No comments: