Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Tuesday, March 1

When I find myself without a good conversation starter there is one topic I can depend upon to bring out a few great stories …procrastination. Everyone has had a run in with procrastination. In some people the consequences inspire them to be better in the future. For others, like myself, the lesson of last minute stress never seems to sink in.
Procrastination can even seep into our spiritual lives. When we miss too many Sundays, or forget to pray for the loves ones we said we would pray for, the feelings of inadequacy and guilt can build quickly. When I find myself feeling guilty about spiritual procrastination these words help:
As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain. For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.
2 Corinthians 6:1-2

NOW, NOW!! Not in a few weeks or in the past beyond our control but NOW is the time of God’s favor. When we look inward and discover something we wish to improve we do it in the time of God’s favor. We approach God for healing, forgiveness, and guidance as FAVORED people. No matter how far we fear we’ve gone, or how damaged we feel we are, we live in the time of God’s favor… NOW!
God of salvation and grace, there are moments were I have put my spiritual life on hold. I have left things undone and have felt the guilt procrastination causes. NOW I am ready to claim my place as favored. I bring to you my insecurities, my weaknesses, and my fears so that I can face today filled with your favor. Help me live today with enthusiasm and confidence in Your salvation.


Bethany Peerbolte

No comments: