Thursday, March 30, 2017

Thursday, March 30

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might."
Deuteronomy 6:5 "

When I was young I had a red autograph book with different colored pages that people had signed. I took this book to the hospital when I had my appendix out. My Dad wrote on a green page: "Your cheerfulness is catching the same as love that's true. Remember this, my darling, whom you love, loves you.” That has stayed with me all these years and I realize how true it is. Relationships with people are so important. As Christians we know we have the LOVE of Jesus with us and in us. God loves each one of us. He gave us Commandments to live by and sent Jesus to teach us to love one another.
I do believe we are filled with the Holy Spirit and I do believe in miracles, but reality set in when I learned the sad news about my sister, Nancy. Her cancer was terminal. My sister and I traveled to see her and I thought "what shall I take her?” Then I remembered my favorite verse my Dad wrote. Yes, I took cheerfulness.

Dear God Our Heavenly Father, this Lenten Season, help us to stay in closer touch with You. Help us to realize how precious life is and to remember how important cheerfulness and love are for one another in our relationships. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.

Kerry Butters, 1996


No comments: