Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Wednesday, March 29

  Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles.
Psalm 119:50

It is Well with My Soul!
Recently I attended a memorial service and one of the selected hymns was “Peace Like a River, It is Well with my Soul”. I was comforted singing the words knowing that the person whose service it was for was now at peace. His soul was “now well.”  My thoughts drifted back to my own father’s funeral service when the very same hymn was chosen. Alzheimer's no longer plagued his soul and precious peace was now his! Then at mom’s funeral, a few years later,  the same hymn came to mind, no longer would her mind be ravaged by such an unforgiving disease.  This was a cause for rejoicing despite our family’s sorrow. Our Savior as He suffered on the cross achieved that same peace, His soul returning to His Father.
These words also speak to us in our own lives, not just at death. Regardless of our plight, we are promised peace as we seek the support of our Lord through prayer. He will comfort us through the darkest times and light our way with his love. Be confident knowing our souls can be at peace, it is a promise.
Our Heavenly Father during our darkest times illuminate our paths so that we are reminded of your love for us. Give us strength to follow your ways, comforting others in need as you have comforted us. Thanks be to God.


Lyn Martens

No comments: