Monday, March 22, 2010

MONDAY, MARCH 22

John 14:6  Jesus said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

John 11:26  “Whoever believes in me will never die.”



THE WAY
It's in my DNA


I am one of the fortunate people.  I have the Holy Spirit by my side and in my heart and mind.  My eyes have been opened to the truth and saved from the utter darkness of no Christ just as Saul on the way to Damascus.  He became a believer and he was shown the way.  It was in his DNA.
 
I am one of the fortunate people.  I own a study Bible that Louise Westfall gave to me for Covenant.  I use it all the time, sometimes comparing it with one of my others around the house.  Some date back to mid-1800’s, many with underlined paragraphs and thoughts written over the words or stuff written in the margins.  I come from kith and kin, as my Mom would say, that were believers as well.  They knew the way as well.  It was in their DNA.
 
I am one of the fortunate people.  I have been attending John Judson’s Bible study on Acts, where I learned about the early movement called THE WAY.  God's people were being called to change direction, drop everything they thought they knew about their God, and go in a new direction.  Believe in Christ, the Son of God, the Word of God, in One with the Father, the fulfillment of the scriptures of the Savior to come.  They had to repent from old and take up the new.  THE WAY changed their focus to follow Christ and not Moses’ laws.  It was God’s DNA.
 
I am one of the fortunate people.  I can be a servant to the Lord.  I can help, I can pray, and I can serve.  Thanks be to my parents, their parents, their parents and so on, and in God's mercy, it’s in my DNA.

Prayer:  Dear Lord, thank you with all my heart that I know you.  You are my salvation.  I trust your words and rely on you.  You are my great comforter and healer.  You help me navigate through all the stormy seas of my life.  Help me to radiate your love to others.  Help me to direct them to THE WAY and be a witness to your great love.  In Christ's name, I pray.  Amen.
Barbara Rubel

No comments: